Sunday, September 9, 2012

Roasted Chicken

Just call me a carnivore. I need my share of meat from time to time. The thing is, I hate to cook chicken. Well, because I hate to clean chicken. It is a messy task that I will just rather avoid. Hence, I resorted to buying cooked chicken.

I went to QQ at Pelita Commercial Centre and bought myself half a roasted chicken. It cost RM14.00 for half a bird. Freshly roasted, the chicken was tasty. It was not too oily, the meat was firm yet tender. The young boy at the counter offered to chop up my chicken, but I requested him to cut it into 2 large pieces. Hmn ... somehow that day, I felt like gnawing the meat off the bones ... lols ... sounds barbaric to you, doesn't it?

Anyway, I would only eat the bottom half of the chicken which comprised of the drumstick and the thigh meat.


The meat was rather juicy and tasty, but after that, I had to drink lots of water to quench my thirst ... perhaps it was too salty (but yummy!) and laden with lots of you-know-what ...

I quite dislike the chicken breast meat, and so I tore the meat up into small pieces and kept them aside to make my favourite chicken sandwich filling. It is pretty easy ... just mix salt, pepper and a liberal amount of mayonnaise with the torn chicken meat. Then spoon the chicken atop the bread and thinly sliced cucumbers, cover with another slice of bread and dig in! Best served with a cup of hot coffee!

Chicken sandwich

Well, I thought it would be a chore to finish half a bird of chicken .... but well it was not at all. So the next time the call for meat comes ... I know where to go and what to do.


2 comments:

  1. The thigh, drumstick, wing to me are the tastiest meat on the chicken. My (chinese) wife likes gnawing the backbone). The odd thing is that in the UK where I am the breast meat is considered the the 'superior' part of the bird and many will not eat any other part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, breast meat is sold at higher prices over in Western countries. Isn't it? Well, it's convenient to eat the breast fillet, I suppose, cause there aren't bones to get in the way. I prefer the juicier cuts like the thigh and drums. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...