Friday, September 14, 2012

Claypot Rice

They sell about 500 - 600 pots on a good night, I was told. That's an astounding number, if you ask me. There are 2 varieties - chicken claypot rice or pork claypot rice. Each cost RM6.00.

I placed an order and did not have to wait for too long. The rice has been pre-cooked in the pot, and all it took was just to add the ingredients on top. 

 Pork Claypot Rice

Another shot

Garnishing the rice were pork cubes, slices of chinese sausage, bits of salted fish, spring onions and deep-fried shallots. Stir well to coat the rice with the sauces and then dig in. Be careful though, as the rice was really hot. I liked the taste of the sauces which had a nicely balanced flavour. The pork cubes and the sausages were tender, and I liked that I could taste the salted fish. Not bad a meal, overall. To try, head to Jing Wood Cafe at Pelita Commercial Centre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...