Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bun Hock Kitchen

D and I had agreed to meet up at Fu Cafe for lunch. He had wanted to eat curry rice. On that day, D arrived at the location first .... and found out that Fu Cafe's curry rice would only be available on weekends now. Too bad! So he decided to patronise the eatery opposite Fu Cafe, namely Bun Hock Kitchen.

The menu was rather limited with only a few rice and noodle items. I stared at it for a long time ...... and finally ....

Iced lemon tea and iced kopi ...
I ordered the iced kopi, and I loved the thick and sweet kopi as it gave the utmost satisfaction .... only that the ice melted too fast on a hot day like this. I could do with more ice! 

Butter chicken rice 
D ordered this .... I did not try it, I only felt that the portion was quite little

Salted fish fried rice
The fried rice was unexpectedly yummy. The rice was fluffy and fragrant with eggs and bits of salted fish, and most importantly, it wasn't too greasy.  The portion was huge as well! D too liked the fried rice a lot. He ate half the plate .... and as a result, had to abandon his plain rice. Lol.

I think the signature dish at this shop here was the wanton noodles ... perhaps I would give that a try next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...