Thursday, July 24, 2014

Imperial Bak Kut Teh

D and I met up for lunch at Imperial Bak Kut Teh at Stutong. It was near 1.00 p.m., and the busy lunch crowd had dispersed. Hence, it was easier to talk over the food as it was less noisy. D and I had plenty to catch up over the week's happenings.

Loved this drink of snow fungus, dried longan among other things ... sweet and cool and refreshing.

The savoury rice looked and tasted a bit wet ... I would prefer it to be drier and fluffier.

Deep-fried fritters to go with the bak kut teh

An individual serving 

Quite generous with ingredients, huh? The herbal soup was not too mild nor too thick, and with a nice herbal taste.

And blanched beansprouts to share

Thanks to D for the treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...