Monday, July 14, 2014

Stressed At Ikea

I found it so stressful to eat at Ikea. Because there was absolutely nowhere to sit! I walked round and round with Sil and Berry while we scanned the restaurant, and we could not seem to secure a table. Lots of people were standing around too, and they too were looking for tables to snap up. As soon as people left, their tables would be quickly taken. Such overwhelming crowd it was that evening.

After a long while, we finally got a place. It was hardly suitable as it was a bar counter which could only seat two. We needed a table for 4. But it looked like we did not have much choice.

So while Sil and baby Berry were waiting, I joined Bro at the food counters. I found that purchasing the food was rather a breeze. Even though there was a long, long queue, it was quick and easy to buy. So perhaps that was why there weren't enough tables and chairs to cater to the diners. People just did not eat as quick as they could purchase the food!

Anyway, we bought ....

Poached salmon with chive butter sauce 

Chicken chop

Chicken wings

Swedish meatballs

I wanted Daim cake .... but there's no more. Not that it's finished, but it's being discontinued. In its place is an almond cake ....


The thin layers of cake was covered with butter cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds ... sweet, but not as delectable and satisfying as the Daim cake. 

Well ... I thought that the quality of the food had somewhat deteriorated, ..... and eating here was no longer exciting as before. Perhaps I was just too overwhelmed by the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...