Monday, July 7, 2014

Fu Siang Lai

I was caught up with chores the whole morning ..... well .... and glad to have AT to help. We went to Giant Stutong afterwards to buy some stuff .... and of course before that, we needed to eat. I hadn't eaten the whole morning!

Nearby Giant Stutong the other day, there weren't many coffee shops which opened ..... and we settled for Fu Siang Lai.

We ordered ....

Chicken curry rice set

Quite thick and rich aromatic chicken curry, and the gravy was not too salty; not bad but still lacked some oomph ..... 

I had .... 

Deep-fried fish slices beehoon in milky broth

Looks alright ...

The fish slices were quite thin, and I think the batter wast thick .... hence the taste of the fish did not quite come through. The beehoon was tasty enough, I suppose, but it was certainly not to my liking. I prefer a sweeter and richer broth .... this one seemed to lack in flavour. 

What I did like was .... 

Chive dumplings .... 

Yummy 

One could have the dumplings pan-fried, steamed or cooked in soup. I ordered mine steamed .... and I was glad I did because the skin was softer and nicer to eat that way. The filling was made up of chives and minced meat and was tasty.

I would recommend the dumplings over the curry rice and the fish beehoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...