Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dinner With My Parents

Mom and Dad wanted to buy AT a meal to thank him for all he had done for me in helping me to relocate from Miri to Kuching. AT had certainly done much for me ... giving me boxes, and helping me to pack and carrying my heavy boxes, and arranging for the courier, and even driving me all the way home. 

Mom and Dad were away when I got back the other time ..... so the opportunity only arose now for them to thank AT with a meal. AT, of course, was reluctant .... but in the end, he relented.

Braised peanuts

Sea cucumber soup

Deep-fried tofu, with minced meat and salted fish gravy.

Steamed Siakap Thai-style 

Venison stirfry 

Midin with red wine 

Hmn .... food was merely average the other night, for some reason ...... of all the dishes, I only liked the venison as the meat was tender and flavourful. The midin was a tad bitter, the chilli sauce with the fish was too sweet, the tofu tasted good but it was a bit starchy, and the soup tasted funny.


2 comments:

  1. ok.. so where is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panovel Commercial Centre, at the Simpang Tiga & Jalan Mendu Junction are shoplots .... Hai Tian Lou faces the back, so you can't see it from the main road.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...