Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kim Joo

Kim Joo, located at Ewe Hai Street, has been in business for 3 generations. It is a popular breakfast and lunch spot.

It is famous for its kolo mee, but it is even more famous as the alternative place to enjoy a bowl of plain noodles with offal soup. Why alternative? Well .... for some Kuchingites, myself included, the best noodles and soup could be found only at Noodle Descendants at Padungan. But everyone knows that eating at Noodles Descendants entails a lot of waiting. Hence, some people prefer to go to Kim Joo's instead.

Kopi for me and Teh C for AT; I think the Teh C tasted better than the kopi

I'd never been there before, so this is my first time. AT and I ordered 2 bowls of plain noodles and a bowl of soup.

The condiments 

Plain noodles

Offal soup

While the noodles were edible, I did not quite like it. It was a bit dry, and not as aromatic as I would like it to be.The soup too as not was umami as it could have been. AT could tell that I was disappointed ... well .... perhaps deep down in my heart, I still much preferred Noodle Descendants. :P

Read here. And read here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...