Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 1 : Off to KLIA 2

We were meeting at Level 3 of KLIA 2. So that morning, I took the 8.50 express train from Bandar Tasik Selatan. The fare cost RM26.50. The train was on time, and the journey smooth ....

 The train was not crowded at all

And soon, I reached KLIA 2. It was my first time here .... and so I was not so sure of the directions. I headed to the elevators to Level 3 .... and there I spotted Mcdonald's. I had time to grab breakfast ....

 Sausage McMuffin with Egg, RM10.65
I found the service here was rather slow, or perhaps I was in a hurry. Lol.

Breakfast eaten, I went to meet up with my friends ... whom I had not seen for 2 months! All of them flew in from Miri ... 

 The airport information counter

 The check-in counters 

Once everyone was there, we dropped in our bags .... and after that we had lots of time to our disposal. The four of us had a cuppa at The Loaf bakery .... 

 Cafe Latte, RM14.90; Hot Chocolate, RM18.20
Oooh ..... delicious but expensive drinks ..... 

The Lof also had lots of pastries .... Japanese-inspired, I believe. 

Yummy .... 

Yummier ..... 

After that we went into the departure hall. Our bags went through a round of scanning, and we went though the Malaysian Immigration. Right after the immigration counters, there was another scanning to go through .... and then we walked to gate L11. It was a distance, perhaps about 10 minutes walk .... 


Coming own the elevator .... and going through another round of security check 

Gate L11 

And afterwhich, we just sat around and waited for our flight .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...