Friday, June 6, 2014

Dinner @ Zhen How Healthfood

I was so tired after a long day at work ..... Imagine going to work at 6.00 a.m. .... and only reaching home at 5.30 p.m. I had a slight fever, and my throat was sore and my nose runny. Towards the afternoon, I lost my voice and spoke with rasp whispers ...

AT and I agreed to go out for dinner at 6.00 p.m. but he later on said he would be a bit late ..... so after my shower ..... I laid down on my bed. Thought I'd just close my eyes and rest for a while .... but then, lols ... I fell asleep! I did not even hear my phone ring when AT came to pick me up. I was dead to the world. 

I must have slept for about an hour before I woke up and called AT back! Poor AT. He was waiting for me at the mall ...... and only came back to pick me up when I called. He then brought me to a tea house in town. Not sure what he bought for me to drink ..... but he said it was good for me .....

Herbal brew ....
This thing tasted yuck! But it was suppose to reduce the heat in my body which brought about my illness ... and it was expensive too. RM18.00?? I think we were overcharged! Maybe the shopminder thought we're tourists and decided to slash us brutally with that price! 

We also had a light dinner here ... it's porridge for the sickly .... 

Fish porridge with salted egg, century egg and bittergourd with egg

Big bowl of porridge, quite tasty with thin slivers of fish ... 

 Bitter gourd with egg 
Also very yummy ... the gourd was not overcooked and the egg fragrant ... 

Of course the salted eggs and century eggs were really yummy ... 

After dinner, it was a stroll along the Kuching Waterfront. How long haven't I been there!! 

 The splendour of the Dewan Undangan Building lit up at night .... 

The watefront buildings ... 

Now, there were a lot of people here, strolling along the riverbank, eating and drinking along the walkway cafes, vendors peddling souvenirs, and that evening .... there was a group of singers rendering the crowd with popular English and Malay songs. They were a hit! And I loved that they had liven the atmosphere of the entire place .... 

And so we walked and walked and walked ..... and then it was time for supper ... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...