Monday, June 2, 2014

The New Sunday Market

I asked D for directions to go the to new Sunday Market .... and he decided to bring me there instead. Of course, I was game. That sure beat having to drive there by myself, being unsure of the way.

Over or under the bridge? I had asked D a couple of times .... and now he deemed me to be a blur sotong.

But anyway ..... it was a gloomy Sunday morning when we went there. Indeed the Medan Niaga was spacious, with a few blocks of buildlings. I just wasn't sure what was sold at which block. I do find that the indoor stalls uninteresting .... as it was just like any other wet market in town!

One block here ...... another block there .... all linked together via a walkway

I preferred to roam outdoors, where the colour canopy tents and umbrellas were ....


And here, there were many stalls selling fresh vegetables ....

 Loved these shade of purple round eggplant .... 

 A little boy fascinated by these shells ... 

Pretty blooms at the flower stalls .... 

 Finger linking? Lols .... 

Both D and I weren't cooking .... so we weren't buying any vegetables or fish or meat ....... But we did buy some snacks and tidbits to bring home ....

Coconut jelly, RM1.00 

The coconut jelly, though refreshing, had a very dilluted taste of coconut, couple with very thin shreds of the young coconut flesh. For only RM1.00, I should not expect much. :))

Anyway ...  my personal opinion is that this new Sunday market here in Kuching lacked character. I much preferred the old market at the old site at Satok ...... where it was a bit cramped and disorganised, but a bit more colourful.

2 comments:

  1. no finger linking?? I thought I see finger licking...lolx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ... not sure what they mean, really.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...