Monday, June 23, 2014

Penang White Curry Noodles by Nanyang Chef

For so long, I had not had the chance to eat instant noodles because my aunt had been catering my meals. But now that she had stopped ... it was time to eat whatever I wanted. And that evening, I wanted to eat the Penang White Curry noodles.

Yummy .... 
Springy noodles in a white broth, topped with spicy Nanyang chilli paste, blanched long beans, and a poached egg. Now, I was supposed to cook a hardboiled egg, but I cooked it wrongly and it turned out poached. Lols .... it has something to do with the temperature of the water and the amount of time I took to cook the egg. But anyway, I loved the egg all the same. 

I was at Ta Kiong and I chanced upon another brand of Penang White Curry instant noodles, and this brand was called "Nanyang Chef". Yay. Buy, I thought. 

The package

At the back 

There were 4 packs in a bag and I paid RM6.90 for it. 

The noodle cake

The condiments

As usual, I blanched the noodles first, before measuring water to boil for the soup. After the water boiled, I merely added the creamer and the laksa paste. My vegetables were blanched separately, and I was ready to serve.

Well, it did make a satisfying meal ... which I did not mind having once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...