Thursday, June 19, 2014

No More Curry Rice @ Fu Cafe

I met up with D for lunch ... it was on an impromptu as we had not actually planned to meet that day.

He was at Fu Cafe, famous for curry rice .... but by the time I reached there, they'd all been sold out. How sad! D, who was there at least 30 minutes ahead of me, managed to have the second last plate .......

Most of the stalls were already closed ... and so I had no choice but to order a stir-fried noodle dish from one of the two stalls operating.


Kopi, RM1.30
Very thick and not sweet, so I liked the coffee. After a busy morning, I sure needed a cuppa.

Stir-fried Fen Gan, RM5.00

Eew. Leeks. D hated leeks. Hence he refused to try the noodles when I asked him to. Silly man!

But well, the noodles were rather tasty with the light smoky flavour. The leeks had hardly any taste, and I wouldn't mind if they had more in it. Perhaps they could even add more textures into the dish .... I'd say that black fungus would go really well with the noodles. Other ingredients in the dish included prawns, slivers of pork, and egg. I have always loved the smooth texture of the Fen Gan. 

Overall, the noodles were alright. :))

Sigh ..... I left the coffee shop unsatisfied ..... curry rice ... sigh .... curry rice ..... next week, D. We're coming for curry rice next week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Whereabout is Fu cafe? Must try their curry rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The row of shops opposite Grand Continental Hotel, Fu Cafe is facing the back, opposite Kuching Water Board, now only available on weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...