Friday, June 20, 2014

Lunch @ Chicking Eating House

We said we wanted to go to the newly refurbished food court at Wisma Nation Horizon. The new place was too packed. And typical D did not like to be in the crowd ..... plenty of places to eat, he often said.

So we ended up at Chicking Eating House instead. Alright, then.

 Nasi Lemak, RM5.50
The rice had a greenish hue .... D seemed to like it. 

Nasi Ayam Penyet, RM7.80
This was what I ordered. First up, I liked the rice. It was good quality rice which they used, and was well-cooked - not too dry and not too moist. On Ayam Penyet, I think the most important item would be the sambal .... and I think the sambal here fell short of my expectations. I wanted the Muara-kind-of-sambal which packed plenty of punch. This sambal here was rather mild. I wished they added more vegetables to the platter ... perhaps more cucumber slices and maybe some long beans .... and I think that some blanched tapioca leaves would make me very happy. :P The chicken was alright, crispy and well-fried.

People on Foursquare recommended the Thai Style Tofu. So I ordered it .... D insisted that I should order because I wanted to eat it, instead of ordering just because people said it was good. Duh! I order whatever I want whenever I want. And I wanted to try the Thai Style Tofu ... 


Thai Style Tofu, RM3.50
And or course, the tofu was really yummy. They were in bite-sized pieces, with very crispy crusts, and yet retains its softness inside. I loved the tofu texture which could melt in the mouth. The sauce was rather on the tangy side, and yet did not zing. The shredded carrots and chopped peanuts appealed to the sights ..... and I .loved this dish. D said, "Not bad horrrr".

With 2 drinks, lunch came to RM20.40. I thought it was reasonably priced .... no wonder there were a lot of people at lunch time. But it was alright, as service was rather speedy. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...