Saturday, June 7, 2014

Song Hin Pork Porridge

It was past midnight, and this place was packed with people. Almost everyone was eating porridge from this stall called Song Hin at the Open Air Market. This was AT's favourite supper haunt, and his favourite porridge haunt in Kuching.



 Hot lime
From the corner stall, we ordered these mugs of hot lime. And I must say that it was really very yummy. It was thick and it was citrusy, and it was fragrant, and it was salty. Not sure how much, and not sure if AT had issued them special instructions in preparing it, because he went to the stall for a long time ....... and perhaps paying more for each mug. 



Yummy meatball porridge, RM4.00
There is an egg embedded inside ...... The porridge also had good consistency ..... soupy and not thick .... aromatic and tasty. The meatballs were delicious too.

AT was really satisfied after he finished a bowl ... and a half of my share. Lols. I did enjoy the porridge, but it was rather late already for me to eat too much. And you know what? The porridge reminded me of Second Aunt's homecooked ones, which are just as good!!! 

Check out Second Aunt's porridge here ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...