Friday, June 27, 2014

Morgan Pork Soup

I've been wanting try this KL-style pork noodle soup for a while ... and today I finally had the chance. Mom and I went there after her appointment at the Tanah Puteh clinic.

Morgan Pork Soup is located at Homemade Specialties at Jalan Ang Cheng Ho. It's a corner coffee shop, which has plenty of stalls selling the local favourites like kolomee, laksa, Heng hua noodles, economy rice and so on. Morgan Pork Soup is the last stall at the side.

I sat down, and ordered a bowl ... and I could have my noodles customised. I chose beehoon or rice vermicelli noodles.

My bowl of noodle soup, RM5.50
The rice noodles were covered generously with pork meatballs, pork slices, some mustard greens, a poached egg .... and the brown little cubes were bits of lard rind .... 

Well, I must say that I enjoyed the noodles a lot! The portion of the vermicelli was just nice .... not too much and not too little. But the broth was really sweet, umami. And I loved that they were generous with the ingredients. Recommended. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I have a weakness for meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork scratchings are irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do try this when you come over to Kuching!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...