Monday, December 8, 2014

Brunch @ Thompson Corner Tabuan Jaya

S and I went to attend CM's wedding at the church and then after that, we went for a meal at Thompson Corner Tabuan Jaya, because S wanted me to try her favourite laksa.

Sarawak Laksa, RM7.00

Well, the portion was very big, with lots of rice vermicelli in the bowl. The gravy was alright, reasonably thick, but a bit salty to me. There were blanched beansprouts, egg and chicken shreds, and or course, the prawns were very succulent. D would have liked the prawns here. 

Now, I love cockles very much. I love cockles in my nasi lemak and char kueh tiaw and curry noodles. But I was not accustomed to having cockles in my local laksa .... so it felt strange. Nonetheless, this stall was very generous with the cockles ... lots of them, fat ones too in the bowl. 

So ... hmn ... I'd rather have the old-fashioned laksa without cockles, thanks. 

You tiao, RM1.00 per piece 

There was a stall selling you tiao here ... and I bought 2 pieces and got them to cut them up for me ... the you tiao too would have been alright if hot, but it was slightly cold already and a teeny bit soggy.
This coffee shop is very crowded even at 11.00 a.m. .... very popular with the locals. We met our colleague N here as well. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...