Monday, December 1, 2014

In Search Of Yummy Zao Cai Fen Gan

I was craving for Zao Cai Fen Gan (糟菜粉干). So the other day when D and I had lunch at Fu Cafe, I ordered this ....

Zao Cai Fen Gan

Looks : Hmn .... the broth was pink and thick ....
Smell : Very fragrant .... smelled of red glutinous rice wine
Ingredients : Lots of noodles; Loved the egg as well as some pork slices used
Taste : The broth was tasty, but it was just too thick and starchy for my liking; but the noodles were not very cooked and parts of the it were a bit hard to the bite so it was unpleasant; 

Hmn ..... not the best Zao Cai Fen Gan, really.

So whilst D and I had lunch at Sin Poh Poh at Jalan Padungan (again, we'd gone to Noodle Descendant, but D was put off by the queue), again I ordered Zao Cai Fen Gan. 

Zao Cai Fen Gan

Looks : Looks watery or soupy; with lots of chopped zao cai on the suface
Smell : Caught a whiff of glutinous red wine as the bowl was placed before me ....
Ingredients : Lots of noodles though not visible; no egg,  2 wedges of fresh tomatoes, sliced chicken breast, some meat ball slices and fish cake slices
Taste : The broth was sour and tasty, but I could do with perhaps a tablespoon or more of glutinous red wine.

Not really the best Zao Cai Fen Gat yet .... lol.

From the same stall at Sin Poh Poh, D ordered .....

Cangkuk Manis Beehoon .... 
I did not try this so ... no comment. :)) 




afsd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...