Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Handywoman Saturday

I've always said that I only needed a house the size of an IKEA showroom. The showroom was 50 only metres square. True enough, my little apartment was well .... just 79 metres square. Lol. I had recently made a big commitment to purchase my own home in Kuching. It was small, but not cheap and would take 3 years to build. Hence, I was paying more notice to the furniture layout and pieces which were used to fill up the showroom. I was really excited about decorating my own home .... even though it's still a long way to go. :P




That day, we had gone with a shopping list in mind. Bro and Sil were going to buy 2 Arstid table lamps, 2 lamp shades to replace the ones that Berry broke, 2 Hemnes bedside tables and a Hemnes chest. I bought a Krokig - a clothes hanger for children which I was going to bring back to Kuching. I was going to hang my handbags. Lol.

We had to transport our furniture ourselves, so Bro drove them back, and Sil, Berry and I had to wait for him to come back to pick us up at The Curve.

Couldn't resist buying Old Chang Kee's Sardine O there ..... 

We waited for about an hour at least for Bro to come back ..... and we headed for a late lunch at Chicago Ribs @ One Utama .... and the food was really good! It was as good as I remembered it to be! We even got a RM10.00 discount from Zoinla, a mobile app. We paid about RM110 for the meal. Read here for reviews of the food.


Trio platter


A full rack of BBQ ribs, coleslaw and beer battered fries

Back home, I played handywoman and assisted Bro to assemble the furniture ... and it was fun! We took many hours because there were many parts .... 

 Assembling Hemnes chest of drawers 

And by the time we finished it was already 9.00 p.m. Sil ordered Domino's pizza for us .... 

For RM50, we had these delivered to us :
 2 Regular Pizzas
1 Crazy Chicken Crunchies
1 Garlic French Loaf 
2pcs Breadstix

 Yummy ... 

Of course, there was plenty of leftovers .... for breakfast the next morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...