Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Claypot Meal @ Syn Hin Yung

Trust D to know the most value-for-money places for lunch. We went to Pending, to a coffee shop named Syn Hin Yung. At lunch time, it served a few types of claypot stews or soups with rice. I ordered the assam curry fish head ....

Assam curry fish head
I loved the vegetables - the okra and the terung asam. The fish head was not such a good idea for it lacked meat. The broth was yum, tangy but a little on the sweet side. Still, it was nice to douse the white rice with lots of the appetising gravy. 

D ordered the herbal chicken soup ... 

Herbal chicken soup
I would suppose that this was nutritious ..... I sipped the broth and found it to be very pleasant, with just a hint of the taste of herbs. 

The bill? Hmn .... I can't recall ... but they were very reasonably priced. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...