Monday, July 16, 2012

Cheat's Dinner

All instant food, but it was a great combination and I had a rather simple but enjoyable dinner. Whether it is healthy or not is another matter. ;p

I had ... 


Campbell's Instant Cream of Mushroom. I turned the soup more interesting by adding some chopped fresh spring onions and a dash of pepper. Indeed, it made the soup tastier too. 

The bread was from Seed's. It's called Cheesy Mushroom and sold for RM3.80. I warmed up the bread in the toaster, and the result was a very crusty bread which was flavoured with herbs. It tasted yum when dunked in the soup. 

I pan-fried the 2 sausages to go with the soup and the bread. This was Marina's Chicken Frankfurter with Cheese, recommended to me by S****. The sausages were rather huge and felt compact. And the cheese actually oozed out of the sausage when you cut or bit it. Unfortunately, the cheese tasted rather artificial to me ... 

Marina's

But once you get accustomed to the taste, it was actually quite alright. So all that junk eaten made me feel a bit guilty .... and so to make up for it, I assembled a fruit bowl ...


Hmn ... the grapes were really sweet ... but the kiwi fruit was the tastiest among the four - soft, sweet yet a little tart and with a very distinctive flavour. Yum ... the apples were crunchy and the navel oranges were very refreshing.
 
Well, I guess this is for me, a no-sweat dinner after a long day at work ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...