Sunday, July 22, 2012

SunCity Food Court

We went to Tamu on a Sunday morning, and after that we went to SunCity Food Court for breakfast. Hmn ... somehow, it was not as crowded as it usually was. My friend thought that the crowd had dispersed, with so many new coffee shops emerging in town.

We had ...

Dim Sum
Quite tasty were the little dim sum dishes. We had Char Siu Pastry - the skin was salty and tasty while the filling was sweet and chunky; Stewed Intestines - sweet and tangy and salty, this dish was quite appetising; Century Egg dumplings - the filling was firm and yum; The stewed pork ribs was mildly flavoured with fermented black beans

For the mains, I ordered a Stir-fry Zaocai noodle
It was rather yum too ... the tangy zaocai and the fresh ingredients and the noodles were stir-fried with egg and dark soy sauce, it had a smoky flavour which was so vital to a stir-fry noodle dish ...

 Hmn ... I think I quite enjoyed breakfast ;))

2 comments:

  1. Over rated. I went there twice. Although I ordered from different stalls its that. It took them a long time except for dim sum to deliver. It's either too oily or too little. Very different from their sample pictures. And a lot more expensive too. It is also my first time to taste a bakuteh that is just diluted with soy sauce and white pepper. I only got half amount of the one in their picture. They even charge me extra for " spare parts " and rice. Having breakfast there twice and I felt cheated twice. I can find better and tastier food at their price.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...