Monday, July 23, 2012

To The Universities...

This year, I have 16 out of 21 students eligible for the public universities. That's about 76% who has been granted entry. As a teacher, I am really over the moon about this.

The best student last year, however, scored only 3.75. His ambition, for such a long time, has been to read Law in UM. He's told me that it was his dream since he first went their years ago for a visit. Unfortunately for him, he was offered Law, not at UM but at UUM.  I know he must have been very disappointed. Nonetheless, I really pray that he will pursue this field, no matter where he studies it. This chap, has a lot of potential, a future politician in the making.

There is another brilliant boy, whose interest was in culinary arts, surprised all of us with his excellent results. He, who never studied at home (by his own admittance) nor did his homework, scored 3.58. He got offered mass communications at UKM, though I wish he'd gotten Law instead. "Law's my second choice," he said, when I asked him this morning.

I'm happy that another top scorer, with a 3.58 is on her way to do Economics as it is her favourite subject. 2 other girls are going to do Education at UPSI. These are to me, the best courses offered to the kiddies. The rest were rather obscure-sounding degrees at some obscure institutions like UMP and UMK.

School won't start till September, but I know that the kiddies anticipate it. I wish you all the best in your studies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...