Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hokkaido Cupcake

Not sure if this cupcake really exists in Hokkaido. But I read somewhere that this cupcake was the hottest selling bakery item in Taiwan a couple of years back. It's a cupcake filled with cream. In fact, one could fill the cake with any cream that one fancies, i.e. custard cream, cream cheese, anything at all!

So recently, when I was just browsing at Seed's, I chanced upon some in the fridge. I had to buy some.

Hokkaido Cupcake, 2 pieces for RM5.00

At Seed's the texture of the cake is rather heavy, somewhat like butter cake, and it is filled with whipped cream. Because of that, I did not enjoy it that much. It's supposed to be soft and light and fluffly and airy. Hmn .....  I liked the square shape, though. It felt different from the usual rounded cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...