Saturday, July 14, 2012

Laksa @ Fisherman Kitchen

"No prawns??" Hmn ... it's kind of strange to find no prawns in laksa.

At Fisherman Kitchen at Luak, Laksa Special comes with fishballs, fish cake slies, and fish slices. Nevermind that, I found the gravy too diluted. Too bad, because otherwise, I'd have enjoyed the laksa sans the prawns.


Laksa Special, RM8.00

"Will you order this again the next time?" L*** asked me.

Well, that is a good measure for food. My answer was a flat NO.

Actually, I had rather enjoyed the fishballs. They tasted very fresh and very springy. My friends too liked them. So we asked whether they sold them. "RM40.00 per kg," the Lady Boss told us. L*** bought 250g for RM10.00.

On a side note, I'd always think the name of the shop is ungrammatical. They've forgotten the apostrophe. Shouldn't it be Fisherman's Kitchen instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...