Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Spring Onion Story

Every once in a while, I'd crave instant noodles. I know it isn't very healthy as it is laden with MSG. Plus, its carbohydrates content is way too high for a person who's watching her diet like me. So, I'd try to put aside that craving and opt for something healthier.


The other day, I was buying some spring onions at the supermarket, and a lady walked past me and she commented, "That's very nice with Maggi Mee." She was referring to the spring onions I was holding in my hand. I smiled and nodded politely at her, and decided to purchase those greens. After that, her comment stayed in my head for several days.

Finally, today, I decided that I had enough imagining a good old bowl of instant noodles. I wanted to eat it. Now. This evening.

Maggi Mee Curry with minced pork and an egg, and a generous amount of chopped spring onions.


As unhealthy as it is, instant noodles is also comfort food that warms up my stomach at an instant. After work, it seems the easiest thing to cook, especially when there are ready ingredients in the fridge. I like some meat, eggs and veggies in my noodles, and it is a yum and quick one-pot meal, actually

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...