Sunday, July 8, 2012

Missing Home ....

I suddenly recalled this dish that Mom always cooked for Grandma at home, and since I had all the ready ingredients in the fridge, I decided to cook it for dinner.

Stir-fry baby corn with egg tofu, minced pork and mushrooms
 
First, pan-fry the egg tofu till browned, then stir-fry minced pork and chopped Shiitake mushrooms with garlic and shallot, add in the baby corn, a bit of water and the seasoning. The seasoning is made up of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, Shao Tsing wine and malt vinegar. When cooked, thicken with a bit of starch. Serve hot with steamed rice.

Eating this dish reminded very much of home .... counting days till I can go home ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...