Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Sat For A Test

I actually sat for a test yesterday. The Cambridge Placement Test. How would I fare? Heck I have no idea. But you know what? It was actually quite difficult and I was unsure of my answers pretty much most of the time.

Well, all teachers teaching English in schools were asked to sit for the test. The purpose was to gauge the level of proficiency amongst the teachers. At least, that was what we were told. Other than that, no one really knows the hidden agenda behind this drive. 

Anyway, us teachers, being unused to sitting for exams reacted in a myriad of ways. Some of my colleagues were nervous, others were defensive. Me? I think I was amused and I was also eager to find out how well I'd do. 

So, for 30 minutes yesterday, I sat for the test online. The first few questions were easy peasy. Then came the more challenging ones. Sometimes I got distracted with all the noise around me and the antics of the people around me. So I suppose I was not fully concentrating my the task at hand.

How then can that be a true measure of my ability? Whatever it is, I am looking forward to knowing the results.

When? I asked Vice Boss.

"It will be published in The Star," he said, "You will be ranked according to your marks ...."

Yeah, right.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...