Monday, July 9, 2012

Yummy Bakes @ Seed Pastry House


There is a bakery at Boulevard Commercial Centre which sells very yummy breads. Its name? Seed Bakery. It is located next to Maybank. Its name is Seed Pastry House.  W** likes to come here. M*** says the bread is yum. L*** would drive all the way from Riam, just to buy the bread from here. It opened some time last year, and have since then, constantly come up with new varieties of buns and bread.

Today, I bought ....

Hokkaido Puffs ....
6 pieces for RM5.00
The puffs were tastier than I thought! The pastry was plain and light and unsweetened. It is filled with sweet vanilla cream. I liked to eat the puffs cold as the cream tasted really refreshing when cold - somewhat like ice-cream. ;p

Chocolate & Banana bun, RM1.80
I thought the shape was rather interesting, and since I liked both of the ingredients used - chocolate and banana, I bought this bread. Well, inside was a spiral cavity, which had bits of mashed sweet and sourish banana and a thin layer of chocolate. I enjoyed this sweet treat.

Cheesy Mushroom, RM3.80
This is crusty, cheesy, with lots of shiitake mushrooms embedded in there. It was slightly spicy and lightly flavoured with Italian herbs. This would go great with a hot bowl of thick mushroom soup.

Well, well. This is a great place to buy yummy bread, baked fresh daily. The cashiers are always friendly and polite and ready to serve customers. And best of all, it gives the other bakeries a run for their money!

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...