Friday, July 13, 2012

Lunch @ Food Stop

My friends and I had lunch at Food Stop, Merdeka Mall after work. I patronised the Masakan Padang Ala Indonesian stall and assembled a platter for myself.

It was lunch time, and there was a long queue at the food counter. While lining up, I scanned the dishes to decide what I wanted. Among those that interested me was a creamy butter chicken, and a palm shoots curry, and the stir-fried ferns in sambal ...

But in the end, I had none of those. Instead, I had a tempeh and anchovies sambal, stir-fried bittergourd, and a deep-fried kembung fish. I drenched my rice with chicken curry gravy ...

The fish was nice ... sweet and fresh and crispy.

I enjoyed the tempeh and anchovies sambal as well ... 

The curry gravy did not seem to be tasty, perhaps a little bit too bland. I paid RM8.00 for my platter. The fish itself cost RM4.00.

Lunch and gossip and after that grocery shopping to end the week. TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...