Monday, July 2, 2012

Mille Crepe

Hmn, I don't know if any bakery or restaurant here in Miri sells this. But this was flown from Sibu. My friend, D**** came back from Sibu today bearing this dessert.

"What are we having for dessert?" I asked D****.

"Crepe," she replied.

Crepe? Hmn ... I had in my mind a thin slice of pancake wrapped with delectable fruits and cream ... But well, I thought wrong.

D**** opened up the clear plastic packaging and I saw a slice of  cake resembling kuih lapis or layered cake. "Is this crepe? But I thought ....., " I started.

Well, in fact it's mille crepe. Mille crepe is a French dessert, made up of many layers of crepe and held together by cream.

According to D****, only a limited number of crepes is made each day, and they sell out very quickly. Okie, I thought. This HAD to be really yum ..
 
Hand-made and hand-layered

Well, I must say that I am totally IN LOVE with Mille Crepe. It's not too sweet, soft with a subtle hint of vanilla. Very delicious, indeed and I wanted MORE. Unfortunately, I'd have to go to Sibu ... a place that I don't frequent all that much.
 
For the luckier people staying in Sibu, head over to The Noodle House at Lorong Laichee 1, Sibu. Heck, I have no idea where that is. But if I ever get to go to Sibu again, I'll not give this eatery a miss. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...