Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Corn Story

The other day my colleague asked me whether I was interested to buy corn. What corn? I asked. He was planting corn on a piece of land which he leased, and they would be harvesting soon. So he was asking whether my other colleagues and I would want to buy.

Of course. I love corn. So I ordered 6 ears of Jagung Ligo and just one piece of Jagung Pulut. Today, the corns have finally ripened. Yeah ...

The pale cob is Jagung Pulut - it's tender and sweeter, while the yellow ones are Jagung Ligo which were pretty much tasteless unfortunately ...

In three months' time, there would be another harvest ....... Jagung Taiwan this time, he said ... well, I sure hope it's going to be yummier than those Ligo ones ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...