Saturday, July 7, 2012

Musang King Pancake

Musang King is the name of a revered variety of durian, known for its mustard yellow coloured flesh, and its rich, creamy taste that lingers in one's mouth long after the durian is savoured. Musang King is thus gourmet durian. Just last week, L*** told me that she'd bought a small fruit for herself - at a whopping price of RM45.00. Expensive, she said. But well worth it.

Today, S**** and I dropped by for afternoon tea at Dessert Master @ Boulevard Commercial Centre. And we saw this Musang King Pancake. We knew we had to try it.

Musang King Pancake @ RM6.90

What it looks like inside ... 
 A thin layer of soft pastry, filled with whipped cream and a thin layer of Musang King durian. As soon as I sliced the pancake, however, I caught a whiff of the very strong scent of good quality durian.  
 
 Cut up and ready to be eaten
"To die for," S**** said as soon as she tasted a piece. Well, it was really tasty indeed, but I mean only if you are a durian lover. ;p It was to me, a sweet, rich, creamy caramel-banana-onion-buttery concoction. Yummmmm ....

Together with the pancake, we had ... 

Deep-fried chicken wings, RM5.90
Hmn ... the wings were really puny, but they were well-marinated and deep-fried to a crispy perfection. Nice to nibble on.

 Deep-fried Yam Cake, RM0.70
A bit oily, but it tasted nice when dunked into chilli sauce. S**** reckoned it'd taste even better if it was heated up. 
 
 Mango Sago, RM5.90
It's my first time eating this, and I quite liked the mango cubes, and the ice-cream. 

Hmn. I wasn't supposed to eat in the afternoon .... there goes the diet. Again. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...