Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken in Soy & Vinegar

I was craving for something sour. So I cooked chicken in sugar, soy sauce and malt vinegar. I guess I was inspired by the infamous įŒŠč„šé†‹ or Trotters in Vinegar. But I don't think I'll ever be cooking trotters anytime ever. So why not try cooking chicken in this way.


What I did was saute garlic and ginger in a bit of oil, and then added chicken and sugar, soy sauce and malt vinegar to braise till the sauce thickens.

That said, I had a wonderful home-cooked dinner tonight :

Dinner :
Chicken in Soy & Vinegar, Stir-fried cucumber with egg, and Steamed spinach.

Malt vinegar is supposed to cleanse the womb from residual blood clots. That's why when in confinement, mothers often consume Trotters in Vinegar.

 See the yummilicious Trotters in Vinegar that graces the cover of this recipe book.

But well, I think Chicken in Vinegar tastes pretty great too. Why not give it a try? ;p

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...