Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spicy Eggplant With Minced Pork

I bought a pack of Korean pepper paste, and it inspired me to cook this spicy eggplant dish. It's easy peasy and I had it cooked within minutes! 
 

First, I minced some garlic and ginger. Then I heated up some oil to saute those and a tablespoon of Korean pepper paste. Then I threw in the minced pork, some brown sugar, a pinch of salt and a dash of soy sauce. I let it simmer till the sauce thickened, and seasoned with sesame oil before dishing up.

Then, I steamed the sliced eggplant. When they cooked, I poured my spicy minced pork atop. I guess, this is my cheats version of the Szechuan Spicy Eggplant. ;)) It did, however, taste great with steamed white rice. A quickie one-dish meal for lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...