Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Am Me

Many are talking behind my back. Some have sent messengers to ask me about it. What happened? Well, it's just that I've transformed, looks wise, this year. It seems quite drastic, and people are wondering what's up in my sleeve.

First up, I have some weight. But then, "some" would be an understatement. I went from being overweight to normal weight. And it is a slow and arduous process, removing kilogramme by kilogramme over the months. In fact, people who see me day in and day out have failed to realise it because it is THAT slow. Until now, of course, and they start to wonder and ask. The ladies, particularly, are interested in losing a bit here and there, and badgering me for tips. Lol. Well, I drink meal replacement shakes. But of course, the real secret is that I CUT DOWN on a lot of things.

The trouble with people is that they think I lost weight overnight. "So fast," my friend told me. But it was not. Did they know what I ate over Christmas and Chinese New Year when everyone else were indulging in scrumptious food? Did they know how many months I had abstained from burgers and kolo mee? Did they know how much self-discipline it entailed to consciously stop myself from eating? So, to think that it's something instant is really annoying as it cancels out all the effort that I put in over so many months. 

Because of my weight loss, I look better now in my clothes. Actually, my wardrobe is pretty much the same as before. I still have the same sense of style, preferring simple, fuss-free clothes in dark colours. I haven't bought anything new since last November, before I embarked on my weight loss project. I can still wear all of my clothes, only that they seem a little looser now.

Then, my skin care and make-up regime is still the same. It is just that my skin looks clearer and brighter now. I do make sure that I dab on that lipstick, though. A great-looking lipstick can really make a difference! 

Of course, I chopped off my hair the other day, and that's when people really started to take notice. "Transformation," Sil said.

Hmn,yeah, but  a placid and serene person like me do not go around making ripples. I'm not a sensation. So, it feels rather uncomfortable most of the time. However, it does not stop me from feeling quite amused by it all.

To conclude, I am basically still ME, sans those extra weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...