Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lunch @ Double Star

Hmn. Somehow, my friend and I ended up at Double Star for lunch. I ordered a Cheese Baked Rice. Diners can select between black pepper or mushroom sauce. They can choose also the meats - whether it be pork chop or fried chicken cubes and so on. I asked for mushroom sauce and pork chop. Diners were also advised to allow a 15-minute waiting time.

Cheese Baked Rice, RM10.00
Hmn. I did not wait for long. Probably about 10 minutes. But I must admit that I was disappointed looking at dish. It did not look very appetising, with a lot of brown sauce on the surface. The amount of cheese was also quite sorry. Don't you think so? Thankfully, I caught the rich aroma of melted cheese, emanating from the dish when it was placed in front of me.

Beneath the layer of sauces was the rice. It was quite fluffy being stir-fried with egg. The pork chop was lined atop the rice. The meat was tender, though. The mushroom sauce was rather ordinary. I just wish there were more cheese! The baked rice lacked texture. I also wish there were some vegetable bits in there. 

To go with our mains, we ordered a mixed vegetables.

Mixed Vegetables, RM7.00
This dish I liked. It had broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrots, baby corn, onions, and mushrooms. The vegetables were not overfried and remained crunchy, and nicely flavoured with seasonings.

Well, lunch was substantial and I find that it lasted me till dinner! So that's pretty great because I did not snack in between. Yup, you guessed it! I'm fighting a losing war against snacking. Every day. And I must give myself a pat on the back today for being a good girl. ;p

Anyway, it was great to meet up my friend whom I hadn't seen for a while. It was not very easy to chat, though, as Double Star was quite packed during lunch time. It was a bit noisy to be able to talk comfortably. The menu here is quite varied, so there's plenty to try out!

P/S : Thanks to LW for the treat! Next time, don't fight with me for the bill, ok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...