Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dinner @ Siamese Secrets

Siamese Secrets was where we headed for dinner in celebration of my dear friend, W**'s birthday. Thanks to D**** for the treat. It was a wonderful get-together for this special occasion.

Hmn. On a week night, Siamese Secrets wasn't too crowded, which suited us just fine. What did we eat?

Grilled Cajun Chicken
Grilled chicken breast with Cajun spices, served with potatoes and vegetables
I thought the chicken was rather dry, and that the spices did not really stand out. I could not really make out the flavours.

Jumbo Pounder Beef Burger
Homemade beef burger with BBQ sauce, accompanied by coleslaw and french fries
The beef pattie tasted quite good, especially when eaten with the condiments such as the tomatoes, onions and gherkins. I liked the BBQ sauce, which tasted sweet and fruity. I liked the coleslaw too as it was sweet and refreshing. The french fries did not get soggy even after a long time, and it was nice to nibble on them while chatting. I dunked them in the BBQ sauce a lot. ;p

Char Grilled Lamb Chop
Lamb chops grilled to perfection and served with potatoes and vegetables

This was my main course. It was a big, big portion as there were 4 pieces of lamb on the platter. My friends sampled some, and they thought the lamb tasted good. Well, I picked up a smoky flavour from the grill, but other than that, the marinade did not really stand out. I sprinkled lots of Tobasco on my lamb. The meat was not really tough, but it was really tiring to eat it. I sawed the meat till my hands got tired. And then I chewed till my jaw ached. Lol.
 
 Fried Mee With Beef
Now, this plate of noodles is SUPER yum. The blend of spices really flavoured the noodles superbly. The fresh chillies added a spicy kick to it. Even now, the taste lingers in my memory. I'd order this the next time I come here.

Fried Mee Hoon With Seafood - Wet
I forgot to try this as I was too busy sawing my lamb ...

To share ...

 Glass Noodle Salad
This was tangy, full of refreshing flavours from the herbs and spices, but tongue-burning spicy. And mind you, I do have a very high tolerance for chillies!
 
Chef's Special Pizza
There's beef strips, chicken breast, basil pesto, onion, Bolognaise sauce and mozarella cheese. Really, I did not find any beef strips, but yes, there was mince in the Bolognaise sauce. What I liked about the pizza is the thin crust that stayed crispy till the very last bite. The rich smell of the melted cheese was also heavenly. All of us liked the pizza.

Next up, the desserts. I'd rank the desserts in this order.

No. 1

Creme Caramel
Superb! It was sweet, rich and creamy. I'd have this again.

No. 2
 
Fruit Crepe
Hmn, I thought the crepe was too thick. I did not like the taste of the fruits in the crepe too. They were cooked or stewed in some tangy syrup. My friends thought they tasted like stale fruits. Lol. Try if you wish.

No. 3

 Apple Pie
I thought it was mooncake. Not recommended.

See how we pigged ourselves out?? Lol. But it's only once a year that we celebrate your birthday, W**!! So, Gluttony, please forgive us. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...