Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rice Vermicelli

I have a penchant for stir-fried beehoon or rice vermicelli, if you haven't already guessed. ;p

Rice vermicelli is duh, made of rice. It's sold in dried form and has to be softened for cooking. I actually prefer the thicker rice vermicelli, i.e. that of the Kong Moon brand. But because of time constraint, I usually cook the thin rice vermicelli. They softened very easily in hot boiling water, that's why.

Rice vermicelli is so versatile. You can cook it anyway you like - using any ingredient or condiment you fancy. Me? I like my rice vermicelli plain and with a lot of textures. My favourite ingredients are vegetables, black fungus, shiitake mushrooms, egg, and meats.
 
It's stir-fried rice vermicelli for lunch again. Today's ingredients are cabbage, mustard greens, carrots, eggs & char siu strips.


I'm so looking forward to lunch time. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...