Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jasmine Chicken Rice @ Morsjaya

It was a very hot day and so an air-conditioned restaurant was our choice, even though there are many coffee shops within the vicinity.

Jasmine Chicken Rice is relatively new at Morsjaya and that's where we headed. This is a Halal establishment, but the menu is quite limited.

The menu

Though I wasn't really keen on chicken rice, I thought I'd give it a try since it's a specialty of the shop. I ordered a Steamed Chicken Rice.


The condiments - chilli & light soy sauce
The ground chilli is slightly on the sweet side.
The rice and soup
The rice was alright, nothing really special. The soup was quite oily, I find, and was flavoured with spices. It reminded me of Sup Bunjut.

 The steamed chicken
Presentation wise, it wasn't very attractive - dry and unappetising. I was given the breast meat, not my favourite cut of meat though I was glad that the meat was not tough. The chicken was moistened with a bit of sesame oil and light soy sauce. 

Well, lots of chilli & light soy sauce made the whole meal edible, though not commendable. I suppose that was why the restaurant was not that well-patronised, even though it was lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...