Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grilled Chicken Chop

We headed to Siamese Secrets to hang out. It was weekend, so the place was packed at about 8.00 p.m. and we waited a while to get a table inside. We preferred not to dine al fresco, because it was very dark outside and there were many mosquitoes. 

And so, I indulged in a grilled chicken chop. I waited a long time for it. My friend had almost finished eating by the time my order arrived.

Grilled Chicken Chop, RM16.00

It was a whole chicken thigh, de-boned and grilled over charcoal and served atop a bed of vegetables and potatoes and in a mushroom sauce. The vegetables included cauliflower florets, a few strings of French beans, and also carrot quarters. 

Well, I liked the presentation. The plate was huge and it was decorated artistically with 3 types of sauces. Not sure what the sauces were. My guess? Hmn ... BBQ, ketchup, and pesto. Lols. I really haven't any idea. The mushroom sauce was alright, but could have been creamier ;p.

Next, the vegetables. Hmn, I dislike cauliflower so I'll not talk about it. The French beans and carrots were nicely cooked, and remained crunchy. My only complaint : the vegetables were cold when the platter arrived. I loved the potatoes, though. There was a faint taste of butter there, and there's just something about spuds and butter that did it for me. ;))

The chicken was tender, and had a strong aroma of charcoal. It was easy to eat because there weren't any bones. Aside from that, I found the meat quite bland. I mopped up all the sauces to enhance its taste.

I suppose the Chicken Chop was alright for a place like this. I found the pricing to be reasonable too. Not bad if you are looking for a nice place to hang out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...