Friday, May 25, 2012

ANGST

"Wah, so hardworking!" My colleague commented. We had just finished sports day at the field, and by 1.00 p.m., I was at the school office. He, on the other hand, was at school to return all the equipment that we had used for sports activities at the field.

"I hate the department!" I snapped, feeling rather vindictive. I'd bite somebody's head off if I could!

The Education Department has got great timing. The school is about to close tomorrow, and NOW they DEMAND data. 10 long weeks we were in school, and they never thought about collecting ANY data. But hey, school is closing for 2 weeks, and they thought they'd better get some information NOW because they cannot wait till after 2 weeks.

And YES! Just send the templates to school, get the teachers to fill in the information. Yes, they only need 2 days to get all the information done because well, they have all the information at their fingertips. Besides, it's easy to do. All they need to do is to key-in this and type in that using a fixed format. And oh yeah, there's also no need to tell them what "M" stands for and what "TB" stands for. They are smart people, after all. They know AUTOMATICALLY that M = MEMANGKU and TB = TIME-BASED. Duh! Only dumbos like ME wouldn't know.

To get accurate information done, I've had to ask my clerk to check the teachers' files. Flip, flip, flip. My clerk and I flipped though thick files just to locate the reference number of a designated letter. It's tedious! To fill in the information for students' exam analysis, I've got to secure some documents and sat down for some time to TRANSFER those information into the stipulated format. By the time I'd finished, it was already 3 hours later.

Just blame me for being a slow worker. Just blame my school for not having an accessible database for all these information. But I was pretty pissed with the whole episode. I wonder if my efforts would all be in vain? I wonder if the big shots up there really utilise the information that I had painstakingly put together?

Whatever it is, I'm OFF for 2 weeks. DON'T FIND ME WHEN I DON'T WISH TO BE FOUND.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...