Monday, May 7, 2012

New Pan

I needed a new wok. I prefer a non-stick one so that I do not have to use too much oil when cooking. And it has to be big enough for me to stir-fry noodles.

I have been looking for one for quite some time now. There is not much of a choice here in Miri, and after much consideration, I bought a 28cm stir-fry pan from the Tefal So Tasty Range. The damage? RM149.00.

Tefal So Tasty, 28cm Stir-fry pan
Washed and ready to be used ....

Today, I test out my new pan.

Cooking a simple stew...
First, clean the chicken and marinate it with sesame oil, a dash of soy sauce and some Shao Tsing wine. Then, saute some garlic cloves, ginger slices, and chillies till fragrant in a bit of oil. Next, add Szechuan mustard slices and chicken wings. Brown the wings a little before adding water to braise for about 30 minutes. 

Then, 

  Put a piece of Mee Suah in a bowl

Blanch with hot water, toss in sesame oil and cooking wine

Ladle some stew onto the noodles and enjoy a steaming hot lunch. Who says Mee Suah should only be eaten with boiled chicken soup? ;p

Well, I do like the pan. It is the right size for me, just big enough to cook my food without spilling anything on the stove. I can't wait to stir-fry rice vermicelli in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...