Monday, May 21, 2012

Dinner @ Grand Palace Hotel

It's nice to get together with colleagues outside of school, when there is time to talk about the lighter things in life. In school, we really do not have the luxury to indulge in this sort of camaraderie. Thus, some would say that it's not so much the food in events like these that is important, but the opportunity to fellowship among colleagues.

With that, I'd have to say that the food disappointed at Grand Palace Hotel. Let me begin with the starters.

 Mushroom Soup
It tasted of raw flour. Dislike.
 
 Dinner rolls
Dry and tasteless.

Waldorf Salad
At least I enjoyed the salad, with the sweet crunchy apple and pineapple cubes, and the refreshing celery dices in a creamy dressing. I had 2 helpings. :))

Chicken Toast Roll in Vegetable Pickles
This also I enjoyed. The salty chicken toast rolls were wrapped in sweet pickled cucumber acar - a good combination of sweet and salty. Furthermore, the cucumbers were crunchy and added bite to the rolls.

The mains included buttered rice, but I did not take a photo of it and ...

Stir-fried rice vermicelli
This was not bad. There were shredded egg omelette, mustard grens and prawns in there.
 
The chicken was bland


The fish was too heavy on the salt

The beef stew was also pretty much forgettable. I only remembered that the meat was kind of tough and my jaw ached from chewing the one or two chunks of meat which I had.

The mixed vegetablese were alright.

The desserts ... 


Creme Caramel
It was sweet but I enjoyed it more than any of the mains. The custard was soft and the syrup was kind of fragrant and before I knew it, I had finished my portion.
 
Pineapples
   
 Watermelon

 
Honey Dew

 Well, the food was not enjoyable at all, but I suppose sometimes, food takes second place. But that night, I had a misadventure ... more to tell next ....... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...