Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rice Peaches

Mom decided to make rice peaches today, and I helped out.
1) Rice flour is the main ingredient for the dough. 
2) A plastic mould. A long time ago, we used to have a wooden mould. I haven't any idea where it is now.
3) The filling is made up of savoury glutinous rice. Steamed glutinous rice is mixed with garlic, ginger, minced dried prawns, tofu bits, mushrooms, meat and preserved radish.
4) A filled dough is being shaped into a peach.
5) The rice peach, after being shaped.
6) Place the peaches on a tray and steam for 15 minutes.
7) A steamed rice peach, ready to eat.
8) A cross section of a rice peach. 

Well, the whole process was tedious to me. I was really impatient. I'd never be able to make these on my own. So, I must salute Mom and my Aunts who regularly make this Teochew favourite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...