Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nibbles @ Citrus

The gals decided on a whim to go out for a drink. So off they went to Citrus @ Miri Waterfront. Wow. The menu was varied, with so many things to eat, but the gals only wanted nibbles. Therefore, they ordered

Fries & Dippers, RM6.90
The fries were thick, crispy and well-fried. They were served with a barbecue dip and tartare sauce. The thing was we all thought the barbecue dip was chilli sauce, because it looked reddish and diluted. "The chilli sauce tastes funny," my friend said and all of us agreed upon our first taste. Lol. Anyway, the barbecue dip had a hint of cilantro in there, which I did not like. My friend did not think much of the tartare sauce too, but I did not mind it.

Birthday Celeb, RM7.00
The menu said "Raspberry and strawberry ice-cream with chocolate and blueberry sauce. Garnished with cream. Presented with a candle." So we ordered one with no candle as it was nobody's birthday.

Sweet Symphony, RM10.90
Crisp waffles, with raspberry ice-cream, blueberry topping, cream, a drizzle of honey and sprinkled with icing sugar.

 Black beauty, RM10.90
Crisp waffles, with chocolate ice-cream, chocolate powder, chocolate sauce, cream, honey and icing sugar.

Hmn, my friend laughed at me as I chewed on a slice of waffle. Why? My face was all crinkled up because the waffle and its sinful toppings were just too sweet! I ate 3 bite-sized pieces and surrendered. 

Well, actually, the waffle was soft and fluffy. I'd eat it smothered with butter and maybe a drizzle of honey. To overpower it with saccharine sweetness was such a pity. We left much of the waffles uneaten and were consumed by guilt instead :
a) We wasted food
b) We wasted money
c) We piled up calories from all those sweets and so late in the night 

The girls, however, were keen to eat more items off the menu. But of course, that will have to be another day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...