Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beach Republic Revisited

Somehow I kept thinking of the burger that I had last week. So did my friend, so we both headed back for our second round of burgers. This time, however, I must say that I was disappointed.

 Beach Republic revisited.

My order :

My order

Having enjoyed the burger previously, I was more ambitious this time with my order. I happily sat down and anticipated my dinner.

Then, came the first disappointment. Grilled shiitake mushrooms were unavailable. Since I'd paid for it, I could be refunded the RM1.90 or I could changed it to another ingredient. I asked for jalapeno. 

My burger

While snapping pictures of the burger, I realised that the cheese was missing. Last week, I too ordered cheddar and it coated the whole beef patty. This one did not seem to have any cheese on the patty.

I sent the burger back to the kitchen and asked them to check the order. It came back the way it was. I was supposed to pry open the burger to look for the cheese. Hmn. I did not have to do that previously. Maybe they had given me the wrong cheese the last time, mozarella instead of cheddar. 

I decided to take their word for it and ate the burger. My other grouse was the grilled onions. Couldn't find and taste them at all! I wondered if they were in there EVEN! My friend who also ordered grilled onions in her burger said the same thing.

And we both did not like the Garlic Aioli dressing. We thought it tasted somewhat like normal mayonnaise. We both preferred it it were a bit more garlicky. 

To conclude, I no longer crave the burgers here - which is a good thing. ;p

On a more positive note, the wedges were crispy and crunchy and well-fried. The potatoes inside were very fluffy. The menu said "Spicy Wedges" but I did not find it spicy at all. Still, it was good to nibble on them.


Spicy Wedges

Failed dinner, my friend said. Yeah. I suppose when we anticipate something too much, we tend to get disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...