Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cocktail Misadventure

My friend and I walked through the door, and the manager said to me, "Help yourselves, it's still not too late." I was puzzled as I did not know what he was talking about.

Apparently, Grand Palace Hotel invited "acquaintances" to its 17th Anniversary Cocktail. Well, I was not invited. I was just passing by ...

But these were the food that caught my keen foodie eyes ..
 
Pastries of various kinds in an artistic arrangement, among which are Deep-fried Milk Fritters

Mussel Rica Rica

Baby Octopus Cocktail

Smoked Salmon Bruschetta

Baba Ganoush

Braised Lamb With Duck

Black Pepper Meatballs

Roast Chicken 
It's to be used for ...

Roast Chicken Salad
Salad dressing
Well, we stayed around and took photographs and enjoyed the live music performance ... Of all the array of food, I sampled the mussels which I found to be very yum - plump, and flavoured with tomatoes and herbs. I sampled too the bruschetta. The taste was nice, but I did not like the chewy French bread. I wanted my bread to be crispy and crunchy. My friend liked the duck and lamb combo, but I did not try that.

Very quickly, the managers realised that we were not "invited" guests, and kept a wary eye at us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...