Sunday, May 13, 2012

Delicious Pyeon Yuk

It was very delicious. Served hot, the pork belly was about half a centimetre in thickness. The meat was soft and tender, infused with the fragrance of soy sauce, and it melted in my mouth and sent me to the pinnacle of culinary delight. Yummmmm ....

My friends and I enjoy eating at Korean Restaurant here in Miri. We come back here time and again. We love the bibimbap, kimchi and the various other banchan available here. We always end up ordering the same thing from the menu. Somehow, I'd never recall ordering Pyeon Yuk. We always preferred the Jeyuk Bokkeum or Pork Stir-fry.

Today, however, we ordered Pyeon Yuk because Jeyuk Boekkeum was unavailable.

Pyeon Yuk, RM30.00 per serving

And I was glad we ordered because I enjoyed the Pyeon Yuk immensely. Diners could enjoy the meat by itself, dipped in sauce, or they could have it wrapped in a piece of fresh lettuce leaf. Here at Korean Restaurant, a pungent prawn paste was used as dipping sauce. Actually, for me, the meat was already very yum by itself. Eating it with kimchi or dipping in the sauce made it overly salty.

Highly recommended if you are a pork lover. ;)) My friends and I will not hesitate ordering Pyeon Yuk again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...