Saturday, May 26, 2012

I'm Lovin' It : Grilled Chicken Foldover

I'd been wanting to eat the Grilled Chicken Foldover. I remembered being quite impressed with it the first time I ate it. The garlic sauce had a very distinctive taste which I enjoyed. Of course, I'd always loved toasted flatbreads.

Subsequently, however, I'd been disappointed as I remembered being served with a soggy and sweaty Foldover which had sat in the warmer for too long. That experience put me off the Foldover for a long time.

Hence, I really did not know what to expect this time, even though I'd actually anticipated the meal. My friend and I headed to McDonald's Bintang Plaza Megamall on 13 May but we were both disappointed that the Foldover was not available. I had to settle for a Big Mac instead.

Today, I finally had my Foldover at the Drive Through at Jalan Bulan Sabit.




Well, the taste of the garlic sauce was just as I remembered it. But my enjoyment of Foldover was not heightened. I wanted more vegetables, i,e, lettuce shreds which would give the wrap a contrasting crunch in texture and an added refreshing taste to every bite.

See the difference? I had expected my bread to be stuffed plumply with vegetables alongside the chicken patties, but it was not. In fact the pitiful amount of shredded lettuce were all clumped together in the middle instead of being evenly spreaded out. What a pity.

I am not sure whether this is peculiar to this outlet, or do you experience the same thing too, wherever you are in Malaysia? That's why the pictures always come with a disclaimer : products shown for illustration purposes only. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...